International Student Coordinator
Based in Portland, Maine, Pan Atlantic Exchanges is a mission-driven international exchange organization that provides educational and training opportunities to qualified and enthusiastic young people from all over the world through our global network serving the J-1 Visa Program. Designated by the Department of State as a J-1 visa sponsor since 1984, we have enjoyed providing career training, exchange and educational opportunities for international high school and university students, recent graduates, and professionals in the US for many years. Pan Atlantic performs a mission of public diplomacy while transforming the lives of foreign students and graduates who come to the United States to learn about our country and way of life.
Summary of Position:
The International Student Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to program applicants, host organizations, and other exchange stakeholders to ensure appropriate development and execution of an educational and cultural exchange program in full compliance with U.S. Department of State J-1 visa regulations.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Prior Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-2 years of office or administrative experience
• Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfort communicating with non-native English speakers
• Ability to work independently and within deadlines
• Flexibility and multi-tasking
• Demonstrated aptitude with use of databases and other technology including video call, CRM software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience living or working abroad is a plus
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Because we work with clients from all of the world flexible hours, including early mornings, evening and weekends may be required.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “International Student Coordinator” in the subject line. We will contact candidates who we would like to meet and further discuss this opportunity.
No phone calls please.
Pan Atlantic Exchanges
1 Union Street, Suite 202
Portland, ME 04101 USA